From:
Dennis Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:51:34 +0000
I'm a free-lance writer and researcher. A large Virginia museum has
offered me a small fee to do make some quick inquiries about other
museum website operations.

The museum in question is re-examining its website, which has been up
and running for nearly two years. I've been asked to see if I can round
up some comparative data on website staffing and expenditures at other
institutions to help prepare a briefer.

I'm just after basic ballpark data: how many people a large organization
employs to operate and maintain its web site, how many hits a day, and,
roughly, the annual budget for the operation. The idea, of course, is to
compare what other organizatins are doing, with what this museum is
doing or should be doing.

Whatever data you could share would, of course, be most useful. All
replies are welcome. All information is for in-house use only.

Off-list replies are fine if the topic is not of list-wide interest.

Another museum webmaster told me there might be an archive of such data
on the Net. Can anyone suggest where I might look?

Best regards,
Dennis Montgomery
Claremont, Virginia