From:
Daniel Robert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:39:12 -0800
Would anyone like to share their anecdotes regarding the evolution that
most historical museums seem to go through. That is the evolution from
completely volunteer run, usually a historical society, to professional
staff.  What becomes of the historical society in relation to the museum,
as staff takes over the operation of the museum, but still requires
significant contribution from volunteers. Does the Historical society
become a "Friends of" organization, or is another volunteer body created,
or does the H.S. continue?  I know that every case is different and each
has achieved the arrangment best suited to its purpose, but I'm
interested in the anecdotes, stories, problems etc.. that have arisen
through such situations.

Thank You.

--
Daniel Robert