From:
Guzel duChateau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2014 18:36:34 +0000
--Apologies for the cross-postings--

We need your voice at Museums Advocacy Day 2015 (Feb. 23-24).

Museums Advocacy Day (http://aam-us.org/advocacy/museums-advocacy-day/) brings the museum field together to share a powerful message with members of Congress and their staff about policy issues affecting museums, and the ways your museum impacts your community. Your participation provides an invaluable service to both your museum and your museum colleagues nationwide.

Register Now: http://aam-us.org/advocacy/museums-advocacy-day/register

Need more motivation? Here are three reasons to attend Museums Advocacy Day 2015:

* Unique networking and professional development. The two-day event (http://www.aam-us.org/docs/default-source/advocacy/public-program-2015.pdf)  includes a day of advocacy and issue briefings, followed by visits with Congressional offices (scheduled by AAM), giving you the opportunity to put the information and skills you gather Monday to use the very next day. Monday and Tuesday you will be grouped with fellow advocates from your state and region to coordinate on and make your Congressional visits. Every year, we hear that these colleague relationships last far beyond Museums Advocacy Day.

* If we are not at the table, we could be on the table. This unique, field-wide event is our best opportunity to highlight the role of museums of all sizes and disciplines in education, convey their economic impact and advocate for federal funding and other key policy issues. In 2015, dozens of new members of Congress will be taking office and hearing from a multitude of other causes. It's up to you to let them know that your museum is essential in your community.

* Constituents are the best advocates. In fact, polling from the Congressional Management Foundation (http://www.congressfoundation.org/projects/communicating-with-congress/perceptions-of-citizen-advocacy-on-capitol-hill) confirms that constituent visits still have more impact on legislators that any other influence group or strategy. It's up to every museum supporter to make their case to Congress and tell their story.

Will you be there? If you or your museum is a member of the Alliance, you can register for Museums Advocacy Day (Feb. 23-24 in Washington, DC) for FREE!

Members of Co-Convenor, Leader and Partner organizations (AAMD, AASLH, ACM, AMM, APGA, ASTC, ATRRM, AZA, CAM, CAMM, FAM, GWMEP, JHU, MAM, NEMA, VAM and WMA) also register for free.

Registration closes on Jan. 23.

NEW Hotel & Location this year: The Alliance has secured a block of rooms (special rate: $189 plus tax) at the Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel, where our Monday programming will take place and a short walk from Tuesday's Capitol Hill events and meetings. Book your room today: http://www.aam-us.org/advocacy/museums-advocacy-day/hotel

We look forward to seeing you in Washington this February.

--
Guzel duChateau
Assistant Director, Strategic Communications

American Alliance of Museums
1575 Eye Street N.W., Suite 400  . Washington, D.C. 20005
www.aam-us.org