From:
Carol Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:42:21 -0700
Good on you Dennis,
I believe that those of us who have jobs can forget so easily the difficulty
of actually acquiring the job!   I sent out many letters and I phoned, and
phoned and phoned until they begged me to stop phoning ..... but I didn't
and eventually it paid off.   I have now been in the business for 20 years
and as the "employer" I now feel it is my responsibility to take note of all
applications and if we don't have anything then maybe I know of something
coming up and the applicant can be re-directed.  My advise to you, for what
it's worth, is be persistent with the place(s) you really want to work and I
bet it'll pay off for you.
Good Luck.

Carol E. Mayer
Curator