Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 09:08:53 -0200
Dear Museum-l colleagues our museum is proud to announce the opening of our
newest facility.

CULTURAL CARNIVAL AT THE AFRICAN WINDOW
(Free Entrance)

African Window (corner Bosman and Visagie Streets, Pretoria) is
the National Cultural History Museum's newest centre for
exhibitions and living culture. This centre will represent the
broad diversity of South African cultural heritage and has its official
opening on 1 March. We will kick-off our public services with a Cultural
Carnival on 2 March this year from 11:30 - 17:00.

Come and enjoy a day full of music, dance, arts, crafts and
exciting exhibitions that celebrate the heritage of all South
Africans such as:
- Reach for the Stars, which deals with the fascination of people
with space;
- Access to Power, which examines how people have used rock art
in order to access various forms of power;
- The Rainbow Collection, an open storage exhibition which
provides a window into the vast collection of the National
Cultural History Museum;
- People's Choice, a series of exhibitions curated by groups of
people from outside the museum. The first exhibition, Making
Music, has been curated by a group of school children from
Mamelodi.

The centre's facilities include Conference/Workshop Rooms, a Shop
and a Coffee Shop

Enquiries: National Cultural History Museum, tel: (012) 341 1320
                                             fax: (012) 341 6146

For more information point your browser at our home page URL given below.

National Cultural History Museum      Tel   27 (0)12 3411320
PO Box 28088                          Fax   27 (0)12 3416146
SUNNYSIDE                             Email [log in to unmask]
0132  RSA

Website       http://www.paperless.co.za/public/nchm/

All opinions expressed are very definitely my own