From:
Emma Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:31:07 +0000
 Hi Zack,

I am currently taking the Distance MA in Museum
Studies with Leicester and so far I have to say that I
am really enjoying it.

It is a lot of hard work (sometimes it doesn't feel
like a part-time degree), but the university has a
great support network for distance students. You have
access to their on-line library, have module and
pastoral tutors and have a list-server to discuss
topics with fellow students. The module packs they
send contain everything you need for the course,
including audio and video tapes and books. They also
supply you with additional reading lists should you
wish to read around a subject. There is also a summer
school held for 1 week each year which is worth the
effort to get to. It allows you to put faces to those
names you become familiar with through the list-server
and is an opportunity to meet you tutors.

I'm based between New York and the UK so I have to pay
the International fees. You can pay in 3 installments
each year (but it's up to you to remember when they
are due) or you can pay a lump sum for each year. I
think it works out to be around $9000 -$10,000 for the
entire course but don't take my word for it (I paid a
lump sum to get it over and done with and have erased
how much it hurt my bank balance from my memory!)

At the moment I'm finishing off my Module 2 essay
which is due on the 7th November, so I'll have to
scoot off.

If you have any more questions feel free to get in
contact,

Good luck

Emma B