From:
CAROL TOBE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:16:21 -0500
Dear Museum Colleagues,

I want to introduce you to the Museum of the American Printing House for
the Blind in Louisville, KY.  The museum collects objects relating to the
history of the education of blind people and the history of the Printing
House (founded 1858).  We have a number of books embossed in raised
letters and other tactile reading systems; tactile writing slates and
mechanical writers; tactile globes and maps; science and math aids for
blind students.

Because of the unusual nature of these objects, people often save them
long after their usefulness as educational aids has passed.  If any of
these aids for blind people are offered to you, I hope you will refer
potential donors to the Museum of the American Printing House for the
Blind, 1839 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206.  502 895-2405 ext.
365.  Also, if you have any artifiacts that you can't identify that may be in
this category, please contact me & I will try to help.

 Our web site is http://www. aph.org.

Carol Tobe
Curator