From:
patricia l roath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:14:32 -0500
Wendy--

Well said!  I would add that no costume material should be accepted on
any kind of loan (probably not textile material either).  Because the
long term condition of this stuff cannot accurately be predicted, and
because lending and handling can be only detrimental to the preservation
of textile-based material, a museum has to have unrestricted ownership of
the material.

Pat Roath
Elizabeth Sage Historic Costume Collection
Indiana University, Bloomington
812-855-4627