From:
Sally Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:36:25 -0500
The authors of this annual poem wish to protest its circulation without
attribution or oermission. It was sent out with our names on it, plus a
title and comments, all of which have been stripped. Please stop circulating
this without the proper title, notes and credits:

Christmas Comes But Once A Year, And Is Now Going Once....Going Twice...
(St. Entropy X: sold)

(Perpetrators' note: In the 19th century, truly meaningful Christmas gifts
came from the heart, not the bank account. Since we have neither, we're
foisting the following off on all two of our fans and persuading them that
it's a truly meaningful Christmas gift. To the rest of you: our affection
CAN be bought.)

<insert poem here>

Sally Shelton and John Simmons consider themselves priceless. There is a
fine line between priceless and worthless..

I am truly amazed, given that we just sent this out Thursday to friends, not
lists, and properly attributed, that we started getting the first of these
"anonymized" circulating on Friday on RC-AAM, then on MUSEUM-L, both of
which we believe in very much. We did not give permission for either
anonymization (is that a word? it is now) or for circulation to lists (we
sent this to friends and colleagues).

To both RC-AAM and MUSEUM-L friends and colleagues: PLEASE be careful with
this kind of thing.

Sally Shelton