From:
Diane Goldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:49:36 -0500
Tim,
In these terms, sexy usually means visible and/or memorable.

Is there a possibility of creating some sexier aspects of the storage
faility?  Any chance of increasing access for researchers, or even open
storage areas that accommodate visitors?

The suggestion of naming rooms and even pieces of equipment was terrific.

Are there certain parts of the collection that are more likely to
interest potential donors toward storage (i.e., preservation)?  Of
course, that's tricky--you want to make sure you don't incur too many
restrictions on the funds.

In the arena of public support, can you associate the storage project
with some larger community effort?   That is, tie into some way of
helping the public to personally engage with your needs. Hurricane
recovery is the first thing that comes to mind for the Wilmington area.
  Perhaps the campaign could talk about "recovery efforts" and
minimizing damage resulting from natural processes.  [Just a vague idea.
  I don't mean in any way to minimize the terrible difficulties created
by actual hurricanes.]

--Diane
Diane Goldman
Maryland