From:
Craig1708 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:14:17 -0500
Greetings,

I am looking to put together a list of bad old recipes and maintenance
myths that are particularly difficult to kill.  In furniture conservation,
we have the turpentine, linseed oil and beeswax mixture that the public
seems to think is actually "feeding" their furniture. Some some reason, it
is hard to convince them that grandma was wrong.
What types of recipes do the other disciplines have to contend with???
I am looking for everything and anything.
If you can e-mail me directly, or post to the list. I hope to make this
available to the public with sound reasoning as to why we do not want them
used anymore.
Thanks in advance, and if you know of a listing already put together, I
would like that too.

Craig Deller

Craig Deller
The Deller Conservation Group Ltd
Geneva, Illinois
USA
[log in to unmask]                "Conservators make it last longer"
http://home.aol.com/DELLERCON
*