Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:36:18 -0700
I have sent this question to my friends who are professional disability advocates, and I hipe to be able to provide you soon with the legal answer.
However, it seems appropriate to give you some guidance now.  Having the woman with epilepsy carry the dog was the wrong position to take and of that I am certain.
But it is important to note that service animals are used for a myriad of disabilities , and all are considered appropriate accommodations under the ADA.
Service dogs are used by the blind.  There are service dogs that act as disability sensors.  But the least understood and most oft discriminated against are service animals for those with mental health issues.
Perhaps Terri Nolinske on this list could be contacted to provide ADA training.