From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:34:20 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Fossils Reveal Two New Species of Flying Reptiles
Fossils found in north-eastern China have revealed two new species of flying
reptiles that lived more than 120 million years ago, during the dinosaur era

**  Long-necked dinosaurs had shellfish desires
One fossilised stomach cavity contained fragments of bivalve and snail
shells, while the other contained pieces of crab shell

**  Interstate 55 billboard touts Marble Hill dinosaur
Bones from the Hypsibema missouriensis, otherwise known as the Missouri
dinosaur, were discovered near Glenallen in 1942 when the Chronister family
was digging a well

**  Walking the dinosaur just part of the job
When staff from the German magazine Stern arrived in Malta two weeks ago for
a story on Leonardo, the mummy dinosaur, they wanted a picture of the
77-million-year-old duckbill in its natural environment
dinomail lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Science teacher adds dinosaur egg to collection
Orcutt was going to buy a dinosaur egg from China on e-Bay for $10, until
she learned shipping would cost $350

**  Isle of Wight Poised For World Acclaim
The Island's fame as a dinosaur isle could soon rank it alongside
world-renowned sites such as The Pyramids, the Great Barrier Reef and the
Serengeti Park, if an application for World Heritage Site or Geo Park Site
status is successful.

**  Dino-mite: Maritime Aquarium opens new exhibit, film about dinosaurs
Visitors to Dinosaur Island will first learn about four mass extinctions
that preceded the Cretaceous era by viewing stations that display fossils
(that can be touched), and poetry describing, on art panels by Melissa
Newman, the characteristics of each period's ending, beginning with the
Ordovician about 440 million years ago

**  Last Chance To See Diplodocus
A free display highlights the history of Diplodocus at the Natural History
Museum, including photographs and press cuttings from the archives, a
display of real specimens and a series of events and activities that
celebrate the anniversary

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service
to us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History