From:
"Burns, Courtney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:28:45 -0500
Check out this article by Tim Vitale
http://www.rlg.org/preserv/diginews/diginews2-5.html#technical

Courtney T. Burns
Chief Curator
New York State Military Museum
61 Lake Avenue
Saratoga Springs, New York 12866
518-581-5105
518-581-5111 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of David Lynx
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Scanning Vintage Photographs

We have scanned our older photos. Yes, any light does harm the images.. But
we felt that scanning the photos, and using the scans from now on, was
preferable to continued handling of the photos.
David

http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/

--
Yakima Valley Museum
yakimavalleymuseum.org

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending
a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).