From:
Exhibitions Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:54:30 -0500
Hi Erica - you're email was forwarded to me; and I have some questions.
Exactly what are you looking for when you say 'archival collections?'  Since
you described your project as a resource - are you requesting visual
documentations, actual artworks, paper trails, reference material or
sources?  Are there particular formats you are requesting?
I administrate Outreach programs for the Indpls Art Center, and I am
constantly involved in community arts projects from the creation,
collaboration, to the employment of artists/instructors to working with the
children themselves...we don't have space to collect the actual artwork, so
we document as much as possible, and we exhibit their works year round and
in a large format annual exhibition. We serve approximately 2900 children
per year, with a variety of programs and projects.  I may have some
information that is useful, however, more details are needed.
Suggestion:  If you want administrative information, perhaps a Q&A format
would work best - so you get what you really want!
Thanks,

gloria carbajal pearson