From:
Richard Gerrard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 16:19:17 -0400
Hi Sylvia,

we are reviewing our policies and procedures at present, so this might
be changed in the next year or so, but here is what we currnetly do

> 1) Do you ever refuse a loan request on the basis that it was not made
> far enough in advance, that the existing schedule is too tight to easily
> allow for the needed conservation/registrarial work or arrangements
> etc.?

Yes, we do refuse loans which do not allow enough time for proper
processing by either registration or conservation (ususally 6-8 weeks).
By the same token we have done loans in 24 hours if there was a
management directive to do so, and the obejctsd were in good condition.

> 2) Do you charge an "administrative" loan fee above and beyond
> conservation, packing and shipping costs?

Not yet, but we are seriously considering it.

> 2a) If so is it on a per loan, per object or per time/direct expenses
> incured basis?

We aare looking at direct and operational expenses associated with
lending, not a "rental fee" per say.

Hope this helps,

Richard Gerrard