From:
Aaron Goldblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 1994 06:43:30 -0400
    A few weeks ago I posted a request for information about the exhibit
development process at the institutions of the list subscribers. At the risk of
being a pill, I'd like to repeat that request.  My hope is that the first one
has been incubating in peoples minds and this one will help issue forth the
information.  (It is with some sheepishness that I make the request, knowing
how busy most of us are, and how frequently requests like these seem to
appear.)

    We, at Please Touch Museum, are begining to revamp our exhibit development
process.  We have had a servicable team approach for some years that is in need
of a little more than tinkering. I am looking for other models to examine that
may help us out of the problems that institutional change has brought about.
What are the roles of the various parties involved?
What are the oversight/review devices?
How do other sectors of the museum feed the process?
If you have committed all or some part of your own methods to paper, I would be
eternally grateful if you would share it with us.
Several have asked (based on my last posting) that I share the results with the
group. Once I put a summarized package together, I will be happy to do so.
Thanks very much for your interest and help.
Aaron Goldblatt
Please Touch Museum
210 N. 21st Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103