From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:06:05 -0800
At the risk of appearing as one more spam note--which
essentially is what all this whoopdedoo is about a
spammer--making a big deal about it, telling others
how to do it, or even complaining is just inviting
more.

Like it as not--I don't--spam is definitely up since
9/11.  That's been documented all over the media.  In
defense of the "offending note" it was on topic.

I've been very quiet about the fact that some
WONDERFUL sons of dogs have been having a real joy
ride with my email address as a result of the museums
list for some time.

I was a language major, but I didn't study Arabic or
Korean (some of the spam).  I love to pretend I'm
making porno when involved in a good heterosexual
relationship, but I don't want to see anybody else's
pictures to that effect.  I enjoy going to the zoo and
learning about farm animals, but I don't want to see
pictures of other human beings believing they're
romantically involved with those creatures.

And Ed, I've even gotten special offers to add inches
to my phallus.  Now, unless my parents lied, and I've
looked 150 times, I just don't seem to have one of
those.

There's a site you can go to and pay a small fee to
get rid of the spam.  To me, that would seem like a
much better way to get rid of a spammer (yes, I've
killed quite a few over time) than to spam the lists
with righteous indignation about spam.

I don't remember who posted the first note alerting to
the fact they were spammed.  Could have been a very
valid member.  But, as one who has a knack for
figuring out marketing angles, my first reaction was,
ok, is this someone that was in on the marketing and
brought it to the list's attention as a way to make
sure we paid attention to the spam?  I'm not saying
they were or weren't, that was just my thought.

I'm afraid this is just another one of those instances
where the delete key works wonders.

For that antispam site, go here:  http://spamcop.net/

And no, contrary to what you MAY be thinking, I'm not
going to set up a list called MuseSpam.

Now, if you want something productive to do with spam,
try these:

http://www.stampo.com/spamrecipe.html

http://www.areyougame.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=33631&q=spam+recipe

http://www.spamman.faithweb.com/recipes.html

Indigo, who is planning on winning CA's $88 million
and climbing lottery tonight.

--- T W Moran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   How much more junk mail are you willing to
> receive? Did we not just
> have a fire storm over Indigo Night's postings of
> "Related museum
> information?
>
>                         T.W. Moran
>                         Livonia Smithery