From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:58:11 -0500
A wider tip to those interested.

Crayola.com has a great calendar that lists ALL holidays and birthdays from the wackiest and obscure to the major ones. And for each one there are lesson plans, "inspiring ideas, and at least one associated craft activity. Using Crayola products of course, but a resourceful educator can adapt. For example how many knew that today was:

Inspire Your Heart With Art Day
Anniversary of Apollo 14 Launch
Birthday of Baseball Great Jackie Robinson
National Popcorn Day
Anniversary of Twist-Off Bottle Cap Invention
Birthday of Writer Zane Grey
Nauru National Holiday
Scotch Tape Invented
Celebrate Yellow Day - The Crayola FACTORY

and that February is
America Loves Its Kids Month,  American Heart Month,  American History Month,  American Music Month,  Canned Food Month,  Celebration of Chocolate Month,  Creative Romance Month,  Humpback Whale Appreciation Month,  International Boost Self-Esteem Month,  International Expect Success Month,  International Friendship Month,  International National Blah Busters Month,  Library Lovers Month,  National African American Heritage Month and Black History Month,  National Bird Feeding Month,  National Cat Health Month,  National Cherry Month,  National Children?s Dental Health Month,  National Sign Up for Summer Camp Month,  National Weddings Month,  Plant the Seeds of Greatness Month,  Responsible Pet Owners Month,  Return Carts to the Supermarket Month,  Spirit of Teachers Month,  Vision Awareness Month and  Wise Health Consumer Month.

Just thought the list might want to know.

Matthew White
Director
Hands On Science Center
NMAH