From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 12:04:12 -0500
I, like several others, do not remember seeing the original posting which
started this thread.

However, when I see a posting on the internet such as the one from Richard
Fields, I cannot help but feel that I might be staring at an urban legend on
my screen.

If this story is true, it is sad and trully bizzare that it showed up on
Museum-L, of all places.  If the story is an urban legend it would be a
despicable act to play on people's sense of moral responsibility to end it by
saying, "Oh, by the way, he just robbed a bank in a blizzard and was shot
dead by the swat team..."

Does anyone have any independant verification of any of this?  A newspaper
story perhaps?

I just think that it is important to determine the verity of this for the
sake of those caring individuals who raised the moral question in this case.

Dave

David Harvey
Conservator of Metals & Arms
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation