From:
Valerie Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:28:26 -0400
Hello listers,

I am considering trying to create some sort of way for people visiting our website to donate online, or to buy things from our 'store' online. Right now, we have a page that has the viewer print out a form and send a check, but we rarely get anything from that. We don't currently have a way to accept credit cards, but from what I understand -- and I could be way off here -- a company like PayPal can accept the credit cards and you can withdraw the cash from your account with them. Of course, they skim a little profit off it. Or we could try to set up our own secure page and our own credit card account.

Does anyone have any kind of comments or experience with this type of fundraising venture? Even if you want to tell me it's a stinky idea.

We are a small non-profit historical society managing an historic ghost town in a small pocket of Montana, trying desperately to reach out to new members.

Thank you in advance for any of your comments!

Valerie Schafer
Executive Director
Garnet Preservation Association
Missoula, Montana 59804