From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:35:21 +0100
Erich Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>

We have been working a small amount with VRML (see
http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/GISlab/vrml)

I realize many (most?) on the list have no idea what we're talking
about. VRML is Virtual Reality Markup Language, QTVR is QuickTime
Virtual Reality. They are, very simplistically, 3D environments that can
be viewed on the Internet.

In the next week or so I'll be putting up a Web site to document the
exhibition we are planning for the List Center at MIT in January. I hope
to make the Web site a documentation of the planning of the exhibition
as well as a part of the exhibition itself.

We have a site for our VRML/Metaworld SIG (Special Interest Group) up
now and if you're interested you can check it out at
http://artnetweb.com/vrml/

You need a VRML browser or plug-in like Live 3D that now comes with
Netscape and at least a 28.8 modem to view the objects (that's what I
have). Software like Black Sun require a Pentium.

We will also have a listserv for the exhibition up and running soon so
even those who don't have vrml capability can participate in this.

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com