Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:38:48 -0500
We've done this before. We build and internal frame out of some scrap MDF

for stability nothing fancy (this may have been over kill). We then

carefully scored the line with a plexi knife and they cut the corners with

a hack saw. I had my doubts but it worked. Good luck

         [MUSEUM-L] Cutting plexi

         Michael Reuter

                        to:

                          MUSEUM-L

                                                              02/08/2011 05:26 PM

         Sent by:

        Please respond to Museum discussion list

Does anyone have experience with cutting down their Plexiglas exhibit case

tops? We have a couple of vertical tops that have cracks at the corners and

would like to shorten them in the hopes that they will last longer. I’m

looking to find out what the process would be and the tools that are

needed. Thanks for the help.

Michael Reuter

Curator of Collections/Registrar

Milwaukee County Historical Society