From:
Joe Honn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:45:38 -0600
Larry,
I believe that a museum should not fear edging towards advertising in a time where institutions are forced to compete for attention with so many other venues. In most cities, museums and galleries can ill afford not to try to "draw the people in from the street".
I beleieve all this must be tempered though with the strong beleive that these institutions are mainly for the purpose of education and not amusement. And its in this that the real minds behind our galleries and museums face their real challenge.