From:
Museum of Ashe County History <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:00:43 -0400
Thanks everyone!

Our Collections Policy is clear as is our signed Deed of Gift. The items
were an unconditional gift. Our paper work is all in order, legal, and
follows standard museum practices.

The responses from the List echo what my Curator and I have said from the
start. I truly appreciate the professional back up.

Lucy, I think you hit the nail on the head. The donor is a very sweet,
elderly lady who has familial ties to one of our Board Members. I believe
she is in the process of getting her affairs in order.

The closing of the Appalachian Cultural Museum really shook things up around
here. We will be receiving several artifacts from that collection as will
the Ashe County Historical Society. Our donor has ties to both the museum
and the Historical Society so she has heard about the disbursement of that
collection. I do not know, however, if she is aware of the procedure that
was involved.

Ramona