From:
Janet McCrorey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 22:14:34 -0800
RE splintering vs topics:  Topics would not work for my email because my
to/from information never states that the mail is from museum-l.  In
order to save the time that is required to read then delete each
individual message, I digest museum-l so that I can delete the entire
day's messages if I don't have time to sort or read.  I do not work in a
museum so I am interested in museums from a different point of view than
museum professionals.  Because my museum-l mail is digested, I can not
delete one message without deleting the string.  If the list were
splintered, perhaps those who are interested in various topics could sign
up on those lists and receive as many messages as always.