From:
Cyndi Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:36:04 -0600
Dear List Members:

Our museum has several license platees that have porcelain fronts.  On the front of the porcelain, however, are rust stains from other objects and being improperly stored.  We would like to remove the stains if possible.  So I have a few questions:

Has anyone cleaned rust from porcelain, without damaging the porcelain? How would we remove the stains and what kind of materials would we need to remove the stains if we can?

Thanks in advance!

Cyndi Edwards
Museum Curator

Merrick Auto Museum