From:
Bethany Rutledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:15:45 -0800
Hmm... well, I'm not that familiar with Buddhism, so
I'll just have to say this is Bethanyist philosophy.
Practical, no. Idealistic, yeah. I'm only 30, so the
whole idealism thing hasn't gone away yet...

:)

It may just be that I'm endangering my entire future
here as a museum curator, but I'm firmly believe there
have got to be non-sticky trap, non-poisonous ways of
discouraging "pests." There are the basics - lots of
human activity in storage areas, extra careful
housekeeping, regular monitoring, - and there are the
not-so-basics, like high-frequency sound and
structural repair. "Have a Heart" and transport those
animals to the local wildlife sanctuary. Nature's ways
are a-okay, but our placing paper, cloth, and wood
over life can't possibly be right.

Bethany (I'll be awaiting your shipments) Rutledge
Director of Collections & Exhibits
Thornton W. Burgess Society
East Sandwich, MA

--- Chris Taylor-Atchison County Historical Society