From:
Bryan Kimmet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 18:07:53 -0400
To Whoever,

I am a first year public history graduate student.  To be honest, I
just graduated and recieved my B.A. in History and knew absolutely
nothing about public history.  My question to all on this list is the
following:  How good are the opportunities in museum work?  Thought
money is not a priority for me, I have heard I should be careful
about taking out too many school loans.  Will I be living in povery
(excuse my spelling errors--poverty) for the rest of my natural
life?  What are the opportunities within museum work?  The most
important question of all--How much do you like working for a museum,
and as a public historian in general?

If I have messed up in regard to sending this message, please forgive
me, as I am only now slowly overcoming my computer phobia.  Set me
straight if it is needed.  If you wish to write to me directly, my
e mail address is as follows:

I thank you all in advance for your comments.  Hopefully, as I begin
to get my bearings in my studies in public history, I will participate
in the many interesting discussions I have read thus far.  Once again,
thank you for your comments and support.

Bryan C. Kimmet