From:
Kate Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:11:36 -0800
Gee, it hurts me to hear that the culture makes you think you needed to
"put your pride on hold" to be a secretary.  In many industries, it's
one of the all-time great entry level jobs.  To avoid the "lowly"
stereotype, many prefer the term "Assistant" (civil service titles not
withstanding).  In any case, I agree the desk is a place to get a
mentor.  You also get a broad range of exposure and have a chance to get
straight with your ego.  Also, in actuality, secretaries (or assistants)
RUN THE WORLD.  Make friends with us.  Respect us.  Or your call will
never go through.
:-)
Kate Long