From:
"N'Gadi, Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:53:47 -0400
The Smithsonian's Museum Conservation Institute web site now has a new
address and look!  Come visit http://www.si.edu/mci/.

The Smithsonian's Museum Conservation Institute mission is to become the
center for specialized technical collection research and conservation
care for all Smithsonian museums and collections.  To fulfill this
mission MCI staff combine their knowledge of materials and the history
of technology with state-of-the-art instrumentation and scientific
techniques to provide technical research studies and interpretation of
art, as well as anthropological, and historical objects.

MCI conducts these in-depth studies of artistic, anthropological, and
historic objects using state-of-the-art analytical techniques to
elucidate their provenance, composition, and cultural context of
Smithsonian collections, and to improve our conservation and collections
storage capabilities.  Many of our projects will be found on our new web
site, we hope you find it informative and easy to navigate.