From:
Patti Davis-Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:11:20 -0500
Bonnie-Dara:

Why not freeze or fumigate the objects concerned, thus eliminating your
concerns about contaminating the rest of your collection.  As a point of
interest, do you not have an established procedure concerning the
introduction of new material into your collection storage area?  It is so
very easy for one to adopt a holier-than-thou attitude when one is not
intimately involved with the situation so I am certainly interested in
hearing more details either directly or through emails with other listers as
I am sure it is a more complex issue than one might suspect.

Good Luck!

        Patricia Davis-Perkins
        Gestionnaire de projet - Numérisation des collections/Project
Manager - Collections Digitization
        Bibliothèque, archives et services de documentation/Library,
Archives and Documentation services
        Musée canadien des civilisations/Canadian Museum of Civilization
        Tél : (819) 776-8456