From:
Mike Teskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 06:42:46 -0600
We are in the homestretch of a Heritage Tourism Classification Study for the
Heritage Program of the United States Forest Service.  We are in need of
additional data on some key heritage sites/institutions and are seeking
contact people for them.

If anyone reading this posting is interested in an abstract or condensed
version of the classification study, they can either contact me directly or
look at CF!P's home page (URL listed below) and click on the appropriate
listing.  Items are constantly updated.

The information we are seeking will help us illustrate key elements of our
classification study.  We hope these sites/institutions will serve as good
examples of how essential elements of Heritage Tourism work.

The sites for which we need additional information are:
Canadian Outdoor Museum, Fortress of  Louisbourg, Nova Scotia
Mystic Seaport
Freedom Trail, Boston
Jorvik Center, York, England
Lowell, MA
Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump (in Canada?)
An institution which interprets ethnic neighborhoods (like in San Francisco,
New York)

Please provide any contact information you can, especially individuals who
are willing to describe how the site/institution illustrates elements of the
study.