From:
Philippa Syme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:59:05 EST
     Michel,

     There is no such museum in Vancouver.  The Victoria and Albert
     Memorial building (in Ottawa) formerly housed the Canadian Museum of
     Civilization (and I believe was previously known as the Museum of Man
     and Nature).  The Canadian Museum of Civilization is now in Hull,
     Quebec; the Museum of Nature, as far as I am aware continues to be in
     the Victoria and Albert Memorial Building in Ottawa, and its
     collections are largely natural history.

     If you are still convinced that your museum is in Vancouver, B.C. you
     might try the Vancouver Museum, whose collection include natural
     history materials. Good luck with your research!

     Philippa Syme
     Museums & Heritage Analyst
     Canadian Heritage
     Pacific & Yukon Region