From:
David Lynx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:04:18 -0700
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!  I received some off-line too.
The teachers I am working with want to spend all year on this project.  The
"magnet" group that is doing this particular study of immigration will meet
every Monday.  Sometimes they will meet at the museum.

We mentioned doing a sample "Ellis Island" walk through as one of the
activities.  I would love to have some sample activities, and will contact
you.

We will combine this with other activities.   60 percent of our students
here are Hispanice, and primarily from Mexico. I would like to figure out
something about that experience too.

Other children of early families here would have come by train in the late
1800's, a few by covered wagon.  So that will be something we can
concentrate on.  The advertisements by NPRR would be fun to play off of.

Thank you so much!
David Lynx

--
Yakima Valley Museum