From:
Bennett Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:06:31 -0500
Candace
You are to be commended for sticking to your guns and prioritizing the
artists vision, while at the same time weighing all the possible
ramifications.  Being prepared for public scrutiny/criticism and questions
is your best tact at this point.
All the better if you have everyone on staff who will face the public, in on
a strategy discussion to design ways to address questions when they come up.
Even large institutions with lots of contract experience deal with
contractual disagreements and public scrutiny of challenging exhibits.
Like Jay Heuman says, the more attention you draw, the more the issue will
get.
Ignore it as best you can, but being well prepared is better than being
nervous.
Best of luck.

Bennett J. Siegel
Chief Preparator/Exhibit Designer