From:
Ken Kirksey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:18:31 -0400
Let me tell ya'll my situation.  As I noted in an earlier post, I'm looking
into software options for the Southern Gospel Music hall of fame and museum
(SGMM).  The SGMM is currently raising funds to build a building in
Sevierville, TN, and we're already receiving donations of items for
display.  What we don't have at this point is a curator, or anyone that
knows museum science or the museum business.  The people behind the SGMM
have good intentions, but they seem to think that "we'll get the stuff,
we'll build the building, and then figure it out from there."  I don't see
this as a wise course of action, myself. :-(

What I need to know is this:  what kind of person do we need to hire at
this point to help us plan our museum?  Are there museum consultants out
there that specialize in this kind of work?  Do we need to go ahead and
hire a full-time curator?  Any help or advice you can give would be greatly
appreciated.

Ken