From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:47:46 +0000
Can't help with US Regulations specifically, but under the relavant
international law - Convention on International Trade in Endangered
Species (CITES) the British authorities would certainly prohibit the
importation - if identified. (Over the years fur coats, snakeskin shoes
and handbags etc. have been seized by British Customs.

That being said, I would be surprised if there is not some possibility of
special licencing, particularly for temporary loans.  Certainly endangered
animals are transferred temporarily or permanently with special permission
(e.g. temporary loans of giant pandas for breeding attempts. ( The actual
international law related primarily to TRADE - as in the full title.)

Patrick Boylan