From:
Jennifer Jaskowiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:50:53 -0700
Bernard,

I read a terrific book about the Stanford Museum.  In it the author stated
that the Museum (NAMED for her son) was really FOR her son--a gift or
dedication, so to speak.  A great story.

For my dissertation (patronage by women in Southern California, 1st half
20th century--in a nutshell) I am working on Mrs Elizabeth Holmes Fisher,
who built Fisher Gallery in 1939 for USC.  During my research is when I
came across that book.

Best of luck with your re-opening.

Jennifer Jaskowiak
Curator