From:
Alison Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:08:37 -0400
Definitely visit these sites:

-Royal Ontario Museum: they have the Dead Sea Scrolls right now, and
brand new Daniel Libeskind "Crystal" renovation
-Art Gallery of Ontario: again, recently renovated by Frank Gehry with
beautiful results
-Bata Shoe Museum
-Textile Museum of Canada (University&Dundas)
-Distillery District (lots of galleries, restaurants, etc. in old
cobblestone streets)
-Casa Loma historic house
-Fort York
-Colborne Lodge in High Park (the park is also very beautiful and nice
to walk around)
-King's College Circle at the University of Toronto: the old campus
buildings, including Hart House and the Soldier's Tower, are really
breathtaking, especially since a lot of the school is from the
1950s-60s (read: ugly!)

Also, for non-museum tourist attractions, check out these places:

-Kensington Market (Spadina & Nassau)
-Eaton Centre (shopping)
-St. Lawrence Market (farmers' market)
-West Queen West strip (Queen Street West, west of Bathurst Ave.) for galleries
-the Annex (Bloor Street west of Spadina Ave.) for strolling and
shopping, bookstores and interesting shops

Hope this helps! Enjoy your stay!

Alison Little

Places of Worship Administrator
Ontario Heritage Trust
10 Adelaide Street West, Toronto Ontario