From:
"Aikens, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:54:09 -0400
Hello All,

I was wondering if any curators or conservators out there have had much
experience with Fredelka Formula leather restorer.  I see that it is sold in
many of the archival catalogs such as University Products but I wonder how
safe it is.

We have a larger collection of leather goods such as helmets, shoulder pads,
and footballs from the turn of the century to the present.  Many of our
leather helmets from pre W.W.II are fraying and leaving a powder leather
dust.  The dust is not being cause by infestation but just natural
deterioration.

The formula is advertised as "proven to give outstanding results on fine
leather bindings."  Does any one recommend this formula and does anyone
think it would be useful for our situation?

Jason Aikens, Collections Coordinator
Pro Football Hall of Fame
(330) 456-8207 ext 101