From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:08:10 -0800
Our design office director says that in the old days comps, layouts, etc.,
were called "mechanicals."  A painted original might be raeferred to as a
"rendering."  Overlays would be called "past-ups" -- but "mechanicals"
seems to be the generic term overall.  However, you would also probably be
accurate to just call them the more contemporary "comps" which stands for
"comprehensive layouts," as you already have . . .

/stephen

S t e p h e n    N o w l i n
http://www.williamsongallery.net/google

Vice President, Director,