From:
Anja Schoene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:46:14 GMT
Roy Underhill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I would appreciate any tips that might help me locate museums or
>other sites with demonstrators in traditional woodworking,
>carpentry, boatbuilding, basketmaking or blacksmithing in France or
>Switzerland.
>
>I have the opportunity to work with a television crew out of Lyon for
>two weeks in May of this year. I would appreciate hearing of any
>open-air museums, ecomuses, tool collections, folklife offices or
>anything that might help me make the most of this opportunity.
>
>The results of the video will be broadcast this fall on the PBS series,
>The Woodwrights Shop.
>
>Merci!
>
>Roy Underhill

There is just one open-air museum in Switzerland. It's the
"Freilichtmuseum Ballenberg" located in CH-3855 Brienz.

They show several crafts like traditional woodworking, basketmaking
and blacksmithing. There are also many local museums which show
traditional woodworking. If you need any names, please contact me
directly at [log in to unmask]

Anja