From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 07:47:49 -0700
Since you brought it up, Jerry, here's the message the
off-list to him. It applies to everyone who

--- Jerry Symonds <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As a previous site member suggested, can those who
> wish to continue
> discussing the Creation Museum not take this off
> line, set up their own
> discussion forum, whatever...?

Quoting the earlier post:

--- Shane Carrico <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How about you folks who want to keep on having this
> discussion CREATE
> a new list-serv for yourselves? I don't think it's
> going to evolve any
> time soon. I would like to naturally select myself
> out of further
> conversations!!
> Shane Carrico

The first attempt at censorship merited a personal
reply (copied below); subsequent ones do not, in my
opinion.  When a subject keeps coming up that's
because people still want/need to talk about it.

Please don't forget that the people who created the
Creation Museum made this a topic for Museum-L by
calling their entertainment center a museum.

Dear [insert name]

You've plenty of options, other than trying to stifle
a discussion you don't find of interest.  Use the
delete key, go no mail for a while or set your email
program to filter out messages with the subject
creation.

Unlike the highly repetitive requests for advice and
assistance for very local problems, this thread has
contained some insightful comments on the role and
responsibility of museums to educate their publics as
well as a cross-section of people's ideas about
science and religion.

Nobody is going to change anybody's mind on a such a
hot-button topic with a Listserv discussion, but just
maybe it will get some people thinking about how their
museums interpret the natural and cultural world.

Got a little couch potato?