From:
Shikoh Shiraiwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:35:05 -0500
Hi everybody!!

I have a question about copyright and If anyone can help me with this would be great.

I am very new here and have started working at gallery/museum and planning to have an art exhibit, themed art inspired by anime, comic, and video game.

With setting up the show, I would like to set up few screens on walls to play some anime and video game crips. If someone knows or give me advice about copyright on this situation, greatly appreciated!
I work at the gallery on a university campus and it is non-proft.

If I like to use several crips from any anime and video games, do I still need to contact whoever owns the copyrights to those anime or video games?
or
Is it allowed for the gallery to use the crips if it is not for us to make money off of it?

I have checked on the government site for the copyright and I am not still sure about this matter.

Any suggestion would help.

Thank you so much for your time!
Shikoh Shiraiwa