From:
Tarn Cheon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:06:36 -0700
I empathize with the frustration that was expressed in Jason's e-mail, though I may not choose to verbalize it in the same way. I'm currently in a non-museum job that is high-stress and low-pay, but I had to pay the bills. I couldn't get a museum job where I'm currently living, so I chose work at the next closest thing in my opinion, a non-profit agency.  I had two gallery internships out of college, which gave me experience, but little else. I'm currently volunteering with a small maritime museum, and looking to go to graduate school as soon as I can scrape together the basic funds. I don't know what will happen, but I'll keep struggling along like this as long as I feel that there is a chance for a rewarding museum career somewhere in my future (and as long as Safeway keeps having ramen on sale 10/$1!).