From:
Daniel Harvison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:54:32 -0400
What you can do, and what the museum I work for is thinking of doing, is
releasing your program as both a Vodcast and a Podcast, therefore catering
to users who can view your video and to users who will listen to your program
on the go.  Audio files don't take up too much storage space, as compared to
video, and gives your program a little more versatility.  Right now, our podcast
at Mystic Seaport (Inside Mystic Seaport,
www.feeds.feedburner.com/mysticseaport) is solely video and over the past
15 months our 24 episodes have been downloaded a total of 11,500 times.  I
prefer video because not only can we tell them about an artifact, exhibit or
event, but we can show them as well.  However, I do understand why audio
podcast are much more popular.  There are just a lot more players out there
that will do audio only.  Hope that helps.

Dan Harvison,
Creative Services Producer,
Mystic Seaport,
Mystic, CT