From:
Christa McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:39:31 -0500
While it seems easy to lambast, I find that in today's economy at
least they are offering someone the chance to gain some experience.  I
will admit when I first started less than a decade ago I was making
that much per hour and it has gone up a little but not much.  It is
discouraging but is reality for that institution and for people
getting their foot in the door.  It is better than going from unpaid
internship to unpaid internship, which is what many are doing right now.

Just my thoughts.

Christa

Quoting Rosie Walsh <[log in to unmask]>:

> I thought the same thing, and I'm glad someone brought this up. This is
> EXTREMELY discouraging for recent grads with Masters who are aspiring a
> museum career.
>
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Nelson, Karen N. <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>>  Quite a lot we do not know here...Size of museum, size of budget,
>> competition for jobs in area for starters. Perhaps they are hoping to
>> attract a retiree?
>>

>> Karen N. Nelson
>> Chateau de Morès State Historic Site
>> P O Box 106
>> Medora, ND 58645
>> 701-623-4355
>> Follow us on Facebook!

>>> interface.  The ideal applicant will have at least 2 years' experience in