Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:58:58 -0600
Hi I wanted to ask for suggestions and possibly sources regarding a
simulation I am invloved in for a Museum and Heritage studies class.

I have done a considerable amount of ground work and the simulation is
very soon(next week) but had a couple of questions.
First here's the situation

The campus art museum board is meeting to discuss it's policy, and to
decide if we shoul dbring in the Attilla Richard Luckas Show (offered by
Montreal). We have to debate this issue, and there will be members form
the university board of goveners and press attending.

In this simulation I play the director of the museum.

Here are my questions
1  Can anyone tell me where to find stats on museum attendance for
controversial shows, or for this artists shows in particular?
(I am wondering if a show like this brings in more visitors or less
generally)

2  As a museum director, (I'm interested in museum director's thoughts
   what would my position be? HOw would I prepare a defense assuming I
want the show?

I'd appreciate any guidence. At the moment in regard to question #2, part
of my strategy has been to create a plan to curtail any controversy before
it begins, (ie contact various religious groups to ask thoughts). Colleen

if anyone has thought I'd much appreciate it
thanks

"Nihil illegitimae carborundum"
don't let the bastards grind you down!