From:
"Gena K. Hooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:34:09 -0700
This is to request your participation in a project that will benefit the
museum field. In 1980 and again in 1990, the Texas Association of
Museums published a book titled The Museum Forms Book. It is a
compilation of representative forms used in all aspects of museum
practice. Both editions of this book have been used by museums around
the world. To reflect changes in museum practices over the past decade,
we are publishing a new edition. Not only will it include updated forms
from museums around the world, but it will also be expanded to include
rapidly evolving areas of museum practice. In addition, it will be
published as a book with a companion searchable CD-ROM.

In order to be successful, it is very important to receive a wide
variety of forms, including those from your museum. I hope you can take
the time to send sample, blank forms used in your institution. For forms
to be
included in the book, we will need to receive your forms by November
15, 1997. Please fill in and sign the publication permission coupon
(found at http://www.io.com/~tam/release.html) and return with your
sample forms to:

                         Kenneth D. Perry, Editor
                         Museum Forms Book
                         PO Box C-123
                         Alpine, Texas 79832
                         U.S.A.

The new Third Edition of The Museum Forms Book is scheduled for
publication by October 1998. Museums contributing forms will be offered
a copy of the book/CD set at a discounted rate of $45, plus postage.

We know you are very busy so your effort to answer this request is
greatly appreciated. Certainly your assistance will be a valuable
contribution to the museum profession, and we thank you in advance for
your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Kenneth D. Perry
Editor, The Museum Forms Book